Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Toad in a Hole

I know it sounds kind of odd, but I think fun names are great for kids or things that looks fun and different!  They are curious and want to try it!!! I thought this would be kind of difficult to make or that the egg wouldn't stay in the bread, but it worked perfectly!  I don't like over easy eggs so I cooked it all the way through.  I imagine if you like over easy eggs this would be even better for dipping your bread!

Here is the recipe from http://myhealthymealplans.com/

Ingredients
  • 1 slice whole wheat bread
  • 1 egg
  • Circle cutter (or drinking glass)
  • Spray butter or butter spread
Instructions
  1. Spray (or spread butter lightly) on both sides of bread.
  2. Cut a hole in the middle with circle cookie cutter, or top of a glass.
  3. Heat a pan on medium-high on the stove.
  4. Place bread with hole and the circle piece of the bread in the pan.
  5. Crack egg in the hole. When the egg is set, flip the entire thing over.
  6. Cook to desired doneness of egg. Dip circle bread into the egg
Serving size: 1 each Calories: 143 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 13gr Fiber: 2g Protein: 9g

1 comment: