Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Summer pasta salad

I wasn't too sure I was going to like this pasta salad recipe with the uncooked zucchini in it, but I was happily surprised.  No one in my family is a feta cheese fan so I substituted that for a shredded Parmesan.  I think feta would have been great, just the right flavor, I just can't convince anyone to eat it! The recipe was super easy and actually really quick. I didn't have time for refrigerating it, I just ran the pasta under cold water for a few minutes and then we ate it right up.  I did add chicken to it that we had eaten the night before and that was yummy!

Jackson even took a few minutes out of his busy schedule of running around outside to eat a bunch!

Here is the recipe that came from http://myhealthymealplans.com/

Ingredients
  • 6 ounces Bowtie Pasta
  • 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1 Lemon
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 small Zucchini, diced
  • 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
  • 1/4 cup Minced Fresh Parsley
  • 1/2 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
Instructions
  1. Cook pasta until done. Drain and rinse in cold water until completely cool.
  2. Add olive oil and lemon juice, then add salt and pepper to taste. Toss to combine.
  3. Add zucchini, tomatoes, parsley, and feta, and toss to combine.
  4. If it seems to dry, Squeeze in a little more lemon juice/drizzle more olive oil.
  5. Cover in plastic wrap for at least a couple of hours. If you don't have time to do this before you eat, it isn't a big deal. It will still taste delicious - the flavors just marinate together the longer it sits in the fridge.
Notes
Calories: 181; Fat: 6g; Carbs: 27g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 7g

No comments:

Post a Comment