Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Strawberry Applesauce

I am a huge fan of applesauce, I guess it takes me back to the days of being a little kid where I would dump half a pound of cinnamon and sugar on top of it. mmmmm yummy!!! Now that I'm an adult, I don't put any thing extra on my applesauce because I don't want Jackson to either!!

I loved this applesauce but it was maybe a little too tart for Jackson's taste buds. He did his famous stick out his tongue, wrinkle his nose and did a quick shiver!  Funny!

I had it when it was still warm and I thought I could have eaten the whole thing!

Here is the recipe from:
http://myhealthymealplans.com/

Ingredients
  • 4 cups apples, peeled, seeded and sliced, any variety
  • 1-½ to 2 cups strawberries, hulled
Instructions
  1. Place fruit in a saucepan with a couple of tablespoons of water to keep it from sticking.
  2. Let it cook over medium heat until the apples soften and the berries start to break apart, about 15 minutes.
  3. Use an immersion blender or regular blender to puree the fruit.
  4. If you like your applesauce a little more chunky, don't blend very long.
  5. Let cool and enjoy!
Notes
Calories: 82; Fat: 1g; Carbs: 21g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 1g;

No comments:

Post a Comment