Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Raspberry Oatmeal

Well I'm not typically an oatmeal person, generally I am gagging on the texture by the end but I thought I make Jackson eat it all the time I can try it too. So I was quite surprised when I actually liked it!!!

Here is the recipe:
 Ingredients
  • 2 1/3 cups water
  • 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
  • 1 cup raspberries, rinsed
  • 2/3 cup almonds, chopped or sliced
  • 2 Tbsp Honey
Instructions
  1. Place water, and oats into a pot. Turn on medium heat until water begins to boil.
  2. When water boils, simmer for 5 minutes.
  3. Fold in raspberries, almonds, and honey.
Notes
Calories: 290; Fat: 15g; Carbs: 34g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 10g

I didn't add any almonds because we're still not giving Jackson nuts, but I think it would have made it even better added a little crunch to the mush! :) Jackson is not a huge raspberry fan, too tart I think, so he thought this was pretty tart as well. I think I would add a little more honey for him next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment