Friday, July 27, 2012

Peach Breakfast Smoothie

So I came across this amazing website that I fell in love with called http://myhealthymealplans.com/
It has tons of great recipes and if you want you can sign up for their meal plan and they have ideas for all meals and snacks for every day of the week!!! I am in LOVE! This is the second thing I have made from the meal plan and both things have been delicious!! The main goal is to have healthy meals and snacks for your kids without having all the added sugar, so we are going to try it out and see if we can follow along with the plan at least most of the time. You can expect to see some other ideas from this website at least for a while :)

Fresh Peach Smoothie
 
Author: My Healthy Meal Plans
Prep time: 5 mins
Total time: 5 mins
Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups low fat milk
  • 2 cups fresh sliced peaches
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 1 Tbsp honey
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • Handful of ice cubes
Instructions
  1. In a blender, combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth.
  2. Serve immediately.
Calories: 143 Fat: 4g #lblCarbs#: 23gr Fiber: 2g Protein: 5g
 
I cut the recipe in half because it was just Jackson and I for breakfast this morning.  It was awesome both he and I ate it all up!  I think Jackson even ate more than I did!  It was so simple, I say this was a winner and I plan to make it with other kinds of fruit too!

No comments:

Post a Comment