Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hard Boiled Easter Eggs

Hard Boiled Eggs

I just googled how to make them and there is of course a million different ways but here is what I did.  I took my entire carton of eggs.  That is 10 here in the Netherlands instead of 12 like back in the states and placed them in a single layer in the bottom of a pan.

Cover them with water about 1 inch higher than the eggs.

The recipe I had said to cover and bring to a boil... I did this but others say you don't have to cover while bringing to a boil.

As soon as the water comes to a full boil.  Remove from heat and leave covered for 15-17 minutes.  I did 16 minutes with my little egg timer. Egg timer haha!!

Then drain immediately and cover with cold water until completely cooled.  Drain.  Refrigerate.

I bought a kit for coloring the eggs so no helpful tips here, but there were fun to make!  I myself am not a huge hard boiled eggs fan but I suppose I can eat a few since they're so pretty!!



No comments:

Post a Comment