Thursday, March 29, 2012

Taco Skillet

This is one of our favorites that we just haven't had in a while.  A little twist to a favorite Tacos!   I love it because it is really easy, you use 1 pan and doesn't take more than 20-25 minutes!!!

1lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
2 1/4 cups water
2 cups wagon wheel pasta
1 1/2 cup frozen corn
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 tbsp chives

In a 12 inch skillet cook hamburger, drain.  Stir in seasoning mix, water, uncooked pasta, corn and tomato into the beef.  Heat to boiling; stir.  Reduce to medium-low heat. Cover  and simmer 10-15 min, stirring occasionally, until pasta is fully cooked and most liquid is absorbed.

Stir in sour cream.  Remove from heat. Sprinkle with cheese and chives.  Cover let stand 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.

My husband loves to use tortilla chips to scoop up the pasta instead of a fork.  It gives it a more of a mexican feel. 

I believe this recipe came from a Betty Crocker cookbook. Something like Quick and Easy Recipes.  My cookbook is about 10,000 miles away in my pantry so we will have to go with my gut on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment