Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cheesy Zucchini Muffins

These are really delicious and fairly easy to make.  It is a little more work than just adding water and oil to a box mix but I think they are well worth it!
Here is the recipe... I will tell you the things I did differently at the end.


2 eggs
6 fl oz (3/4 cup) milk - use whole milk, formula or breast milk
5 fl oz oz (2/3 cup) olive oil
4 oz (1 cup) all purpose flour
4 oz (1 cup) whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 medium zucchini (courgette), grated
1 to 2 tsp dried oregano (adjust according to your baby's taste)
3 tbsp grated Cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 450 deg F, 230 deg C..
Beat the eggs and milk together in a bowl, then stir in the oil.
In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
Mix the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until the flour is moistened (the batter should look lumpy - don't try to make it smooth).
Carefully stir in the zucchini and oregano.
Spoon into greased muffin tins (you should get 12 muffins) and top with the cheese.
Bake for around 20 to 25 mins, then cool and serve!

I only changed a couple of things.  I only had wheat flour so I used 2 cups of wheat flour instead of 1 all purpose and 1 wheat. I used 1 tsp of oregano not knowing if Jackson would like it or not and finally, I grated up about 3/4 of a cup cheddar cheese and then just added it to the mixture before putting them into the muffin tins. I think it was a nice variation but we love cheese here and it still doesn't seem to be that cheesy.  One side note: I did use muffin liners and they seem to be sticking to it. Maybe just stick to the greased pan without liners.

No comments:

Post a Comment